My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Sunday, July 25, 2010

WHEW.....

Sunday July 25th
It has been quite a crazy two weeks!! LOTS of updates :)
I can't believe that July is almost gone. This summer is flying by! Geez!
I got a J-O-B! WAHOOO!!!! This past week I had just started getting a bit bored sitting at home all day, and what do you know, I get a call from one of the employment agencies I had joined offering me a temporary position while someone was on 'holiday' (vacation). It was a receptionist position working for Parexel, a pharmaceutical company that is actually an American company. Well, the way to pronounce this is 'Par' like the golf term, and 'excel' like the spread sheet....Seems simple, however, I kept saying, 'Good morning, Pyrex' (like the cookware)! YIKES! Hehe! So, anyways, mid week I get TWO phone calls from different agencies offering me more work! Super duper! So I went for two interviews at Xerox and got both jobs! So, I start my new job as a Financial Administrator on Monday. Humm... I wonder when would be a good time to mention that I'm not that great with figures. I'll just be like Scarlet...'I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.'

So, this past week has been pretty standard, go to work, come home, eat, sleep and do it again the next day. Crazy enough, but it's nice to have a schedule, and somewhere to be in the morning.

Saturday July 24th
During the day we went to Daniel's annual birthday BBQ. Great food, great company and as always, lots of cider :) Last night we went to Amy's friends, Charlotte and Lewis' wedding. It was lovely. We had a boogie to 'You've Got the Love' (our first dance song), which bought back great memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment