My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Take your wife to work day...











...unofficially :) Since I had already done all the laundry and washed the dishes..hehe..I decided to tag along with Neil for the day.
His first job was in Brighton. An amazing beach town about one hour drive south of London. You just can't beat mornings on the beach. It was so quiet and peaceful. It was a crisp, clear morning, around 60F. However, it quickly warmed up to about 72F and fabulous! And I have the British suntan/burn to prove it!

Brighton is well known for its pier which has carnival type rides, games for kids and gambling. I was more interested in The Lanes. Just as one would suspect, The Lanes are small streets, curving alley ways, that are filled with jewelry shops, antique stores, vintage clothing, maps and pottery stores. I was in heaven!! I bought a cute print for the house, which is dated 1836! Crazy!

Wandering around the town, I came across these buildings that resembled Indian architecture and gorgeous, lush conservation gardens. There were small pathways winding through the garden and the park. You would be admiring the flowers, and then you would see this elaborate building peeking through the greenery. It was like I was in an enchanted garden!

Neil and I met for lunch, and then he was back to work. I decided to go back down to the beach until he finished. The beach scene was a bit different than earlier, it was packed with sunbathers! Brighton is a stone beach, which is surprisingly really comfortable to lay on. It's like a mini massage. I laid there for about an hour, basking in the sun, with no regard for anything or anyone, including my cell phone! Yikesy! Neil had been trying to reach me for over 30 minutes. He had finished the job ahead of schedule, and I was nowhere to be found! Oops! :)

After leaving Brighton, I hopped in the drivers seat, literally! I drove us to the next town for Neil's next job. Whew, those round-abouts, stick shift, driving a freakin' transit van on the left hand side of the road... geez... hehe!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those flowers are ammmmmaaaaaazing! Gorgeous! I want to see this print that you bought.

    ReplyDelete