My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Monday, July 12, 2010

Shakespeare on a Sunday



Sunday, July 11th
Another sunny day in England. I'm really starting to get used to this! I was up and out of the house relatively early, 9:30am, hehe, early for me at least! I had been wanting to try out St. John's church which about a 5 minute walk from my house. They have a very unique service. It's called a rolling service, and it's from 8am-1pm, and they say come and go when you like. Interesting, but a bit intimidating for a first timer! They did the service in 30 intervals. 1st section, traditional service, 2nd traditional music, 3rd more contemporary music, 4th contemporary service, 5th communion...and so on. I really liked it, and everyone was really friendly... I think I must have stuck out like a sore thumb :)

After church I went to watch Neil play soccer ( football:) ). He scored twice! Whoop whoop!

Then I was off to Shakespeare in the park with Amy, Sophie, Charlotte, Angela (mother-in-law) & Carol (Sophie's mom). Suzie, one of Amy's good friends, was in the show. It was a lovely day. Very British I was told. We packed a picnic, spread out blankets on the lawn & enjoyed the play Merchant in Venice.

Saturday, July 10th
Neil was on call this weekend, so while he was at work, I went to see Baby Harry with Amy & Angela!
I was expecting a quiet night, seeing as how Neil had been working such long hours all week. However, I was pleasantly surprized when he called up on his way home suggesting we have a night out on the town! Wahoooo! So I quickly put on my most fabulous dress, some mascara and I was ready to go! We drove into the center of London & walked around Leister Square, SOHO & stopped for a drink in Covent Garden. The buzz in London this warm summer night was intoxicating. I was beaming with excitement... okay, might of had something to do with the cider, but that aside, it was one of those amazing nights that things just seemed perfect. We had a relaxed dinner & the FIND of the night....Snog! It's this frozen yogurt place that is 100% identical to Pinkberry, just called Snog! Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment