My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweet Lavender Layla


Ah, I have the sweetest neighbor. She is an elderly lady who lives by her self in the house next door. She is always bringing me fruit, herbs and newspaper articles :) Today, she brought me this beautiful hand stitched pillow with an 'L' on the front, and it was filled with fresh dried lavender from her garden. I'm to put it under my pillow in my bed and it will calm and sooth me to sleep. Along with this gorgeous and dainty pillow, she gave me a matching toiletries bag with the same 'L' stitched into it too. Sweet Layla :)

3 comments:

  1. Your neighbor has quickly learned you have a warm & gentle heart...Very glad you ladies are neighbors.

    Hugs to both you & Neil. Say "Hi" to his family, too.

    Totally enjoy your blog! Love you, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! How sweet of her! My neighbor never even says hello to me! Much less hand stitches me a pillow! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a three month stake out, Justin and I have finally discovered which neighbor has been letting their dog poop freely in our front yard... if only it were lavender pillows.

    ReplyDelete