My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Portsmouth & Isle of Wight

This is officially my first week, of 39 :), on maternity leave.
I am loving my hubby's occupation at the moment. He was assigned several jobs on the Isle of Wight this Tuesday, and I thought, I have nothing else to do... might as well tag along! Fantastic!! We got an early start (6:30AM) YIKESY... but I didn't mind because we were off to another adventure! The Isle of Wight is a small island off the South coast of England. We drove down to Portsmouth, which is a major dockyard and base for the Royal Navy, and got a ferry across the English Channel to the Isle of Wight.

We drove Neil's van onto this ferry to get to the Isle of Wight!
There were sailboats everywhere!!


Beautiful white cliffs on the Isle of Wight


Hovercrafts!! An alternative, instead of the ferry, for foot-passengers to get to the Isle of Wight So cool!


View of Portsmouth Harbour, {Spinnaker Tower (big white one) and Gunwharf Quays}


Neil and I sat and enjoyed this view while eating dinner....
(hot dog, fries & a coke... yikesy, hehe, I usually don't eat so healthy)

No comments:

Post a Comment