My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Saturday, April 2, 2011

34 Weeks


FitPregnancy.com: 34 Weeks
Your baby weighs five pounds or more, about the size of a bag of sugar. She will continue to gain about two or more pounds in the next six weeks. Now that your baby's brain has formed billions of neurons, it must accomplish the even more complex feat of hooking the neurons and synapses together. Your baby's brain is forming trillions of connections, making it possible for her to learn in the womb. All of this brain development may be the reason that your baby sleeps frequently at this stage. She may even be dreaming—her eyes dart around rapidly just as an adult's might in REM sleep. Your child's development is in no way complete at birth. In the first year after birth, a baby's brain triples in size and becomes three-quarters of its adult size.

Midwife appointment April 5th: Another great check-up! Baby is the perfect size and heartbeat sounds great! The baby's head is now engaged in my pelvis with his/her back against my tummy, which is the ideal position for birth!! AHHH!!! At my next appointment, 36 weeks (April 19th), we will talk about my birth plan! I can't believe the weeks are ticking away!! Soon there will be a little one in my arms!!! :)

My thoughts about week 34... Sleep is a thing of the past... I seriously cannot remember the last time I slept through the night. I think it's my body preparing me for sleepless nights to come when the little one arrives.

MY LAST WEEK OF WORK!!!!!!
Wahooooooo!!!! Then I'll be a kept woman... HA... NOT! We have seen first hand, through Amy, that this baby thing is no walk in the park! It makes me savour these last few weeks of selfishness. The little one is very easy to take care of inside my tummy :)

I am in full fledge 'nesting' mode. It's gotten bad... some would say obsessive... :)
Angela and I went shopping for the last bits on my list. I felt extremely type A, whipping out 'the list' at the cash register, checking all the items I just purchased off. The lady at the register commented, 'wow, you're organized'.... what I think she meant was, 'Man, you're OCD' Which she would be correct. The joy I get from crossing those items off my list is disturbing! HA!

Now that I've purchased all the necessities, it's time to organize and reorganize them. Hehe, I'm pretty sure I'm driving Neil absolutely MAD!!!

Ta ta for now
ooxx LAGob

No comments:

Post a Comment