My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Get your belly out... it's beach time!!!






Sunday, April 10th:
Neil and I got up and decided it was a perfect day for the beach! We drove about 90 miles south of London to a small beach town called Boscombe.
The drive down was beautiful in its own right. The English highways, or as they call them, motorways, are cut directly through the countryside. There are no billboards, gas stations or roadside hotels... what they do have are 'services' which are located about every 15-20 miles that have all the necessities in one stop. The views from the motorways are so peaceful. Most of England is rolling hills and farm land. And due to the wet climate, everything is a rich green color. It reminds me of drives to Tennessee, visiting my grandparents, when I was young.
Okay, back to Boscombe... We had a glorious day, walking on the beach, sunning our pale ghostly bodies and eating ice cream by the sea :) Seriously, it's gotten bad,.. I eat ice cream on a daily basis. Yikesy! That
will be a habit to break once the baby arrives, but for now... :)

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy it!! Love the bump! (and esp. the rear shot of the lady in the cheeta print, sexy!)

    ReplyDelete