My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Healthy baby is what we like to hear!!!!




Wednesday, December 22nd:
Scan day!!!! 20 week scan appointment (or in my case, 19 weeks and 3 days appt)! This is the anomoly scan where the sonographer checks to make sure all parts have shown up for duty :) He measures everything, so we got to see every part of Dave's body! EXCEPT the nether regions... that's still a secret :-X

It was soooo mezmerizing! I could have watched that for hours! We were lucky in a way, because the sonographer was training one of the Doctors to use the machine. She was taking longer, because she was new at it, so Neil and I got to hang out with our little one for a bit longer than normal :) Fine by me! I noticed at one point that my mouth was wide open and my contacts were dry because I had been staring so intently. Hehe!

Obviously, everything is so much more detailed than our last scan at 13 weeks! We got to see a close up of the face, eye sockets (a bit freaky), cute little ski slope nose, and the mouth. We saw the heart pumping away and the little one was grabbing for it's feet! Hehe!! So cute!!

And, of course, I cried :) Happy tears.

Our friends, Bethany & Sam, came for a visit before they flew home to the states for Christmas. We munched on some homemade chicken chili and delicious Christmas pudding! Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment