My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The only time in a woman's life when this is amusing...

Chilly morning, frost covered the ground, and I had to scrape all my car windows which is a rather fresh start to the day :) I zipped off to work in my little 5 speed... I am really starting to get to hang of driving it now! It's my little buddy!
I get to work, start pulling layers off, and that's when it happens.... The middle, most crucial, button bursts off my Marc Jacobs jacket. On any normal, non-pregnant day, this event would have sent me into a tailspin, researching diets and potentially ruined the day. But, alI could do is die laughing! This is the only time in my life when I would find this amusing and exciting, because it means the little babe is growing!!! Luckily, it is the beginning of spring, and I will not need a heavy weight jacket for much longer.
I knew that I was in a growth spurt, because my belly had really been itching the past few days.... which is another very attractive pregnancy side effect. I'll be sitting at my desk at work and unconsciously be scratching, rubbing, patting my belly. This feels completely natural to be doing; however, I think it must look a bit odd, because some of the looks I get from people walking past my desk are that of question. Oh well, as Mina my prenatal yoga instructor says, I'm 'connecting with baby' :) Hehe, kinda granola, but I like it!

1 comment:

  1. haha.. funny indeed!
    Just as long as the button didnt get someone in the eye!
    :))

    ReplyDelete