My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Monday, March 21, 2011

32 Weeks


Fitpregnancy.com 32 weeks: Your baby weighs about 4 pounds and is about fifteen to seventeen inches tall. Photographs of babies in utero at this stage show their skin becoming less translucent and pinker, as layers of fat are deposited under the skin. Her skeleton is rapidly ossifying (turning from cartilage into solid bone), which means that kicks will become visible through your shirt as the trimester progresses. Well-placed kicks under your ribs can take your breath away!

I am definitely feeling the rib kicks! Whew! They usually happen when I'm just about to drift off to sleep, and then the little one boots me in the side... and it's always my right side. I think that's where he/she likes to keep his/her limbs :)

As far as general health goes, I've been slightly under the weather. I have consistently had low blood pressure all through the pregnancy, which the Dr. says is fine, but the past couple of weeks I have been feeling extremely light headed. Again, the Dr. says that all this is normal, and that I just need to take it easy... I think I need direct instructions on what it means to 'take it easy'... I'm not sure how to operate other than full steam ahead. So, I've found this new pace slightly frustrating.

However, Neil and I are escaping to the English countryside this weekend to visit Bethany & Sam. They live about three hours southwest of us near Minehead. It is absolutely stunning where they live! Beautiful rolling hills, and it's minutes from the sea! Ahhh, I can't wait. I think this trip will services the much needed R&R!!

REWIND a bit to last Saturday night... I had a group of girls from work over for tea and dinner, and I got to use all my fancy party hosting pieces that we got from the wedding! SO fun :) Anyway, dinner was a success, but little did I know, the girls had planned a surprise Baby Shower for me!!!!! :) AHHH! So freakin sweet!!! They had ordered all this Baby Shower paraphernalia online (bc baby showers are extremely uncommon here... one of the girls went into a Hallmark-like store asking for baby shower stuff, and they commented to her, 'Umm, that's an American thing' HA!) So they decorated my house and loaded me up with baby goodies :) Wonderful surprise!!! :)

Work update: It's official, my last day at Xerox is April 8th! It's hard to believe I've been there since July 26th! Wild! I'm not sure, but, I'm thinking that will be the only time the words, 'Business Analysis' appear on my resume! Hehe!

**One HUGE plus about living in the UK... Maternity leave starts April 11th, and runs for 39 weeks... all of which are paid! WOW is what I have to say about that!!! The first 6 weeks are at 90% of my wage, and the following 33 weeks are at a set wage by the government. My advise... move to England to have babies! Haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment