My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Just a little catch up




Since I've been in Londontowne...

Saturday, June 5th: UK wedding reception
Met loads of Neil's family & friends! We had a DJ & danced to 'When a Man Loves a Woman' & 'You've got the Love'.

Saturday, June 12th: USA v. UK World Cup 'Football' game, (notice I'm down with the lingo). We had a fabulous BBQ at our new home :) Mojitos, ribs, burgers, sausages, it was SO fun! Not to mention the result! TIE!!! Needless to say, I was a bit more excited about the 'draw' than Neil & all his friends. When we scored, I proceeded to run around the house waving my American flag! YIKESY :) Also, before the party, I pressured washed our back patio, and left one tile dirty, and sprayed USA in the tile! Hehe... I don't think I'll ever be asked to do that again! Mission accomplished! Thank you!

Tuesday, June 15th: Neil's 31st Birthday, I felt a bit bad, his birthday was kinda a side note. With all the excitement lately, we were both in the mood for a chill night. So, I made dinner and we just chilled at the house.

Saturday, June 19th: Royal Ascot, Amy, Neil's sister, and I were off to the races in our huge hats! We went with Amy's friend Michelle and Richard. What an experience. We were lucky enough to get tickets into the Royal Enclosure, which is the real fancy section :) There was a very strict dress code. All the boys had to wear top hats and suits with tails, and the girls all had to wear hats and modest clothing. It was all very fabulous darling :) I bet on 'Star Spangled Banner' and the horse won!!! WAHOOO!!! I saw the Queen, whhat whhat whhat. We drank champagne and cider (on a big cider kick these days), and Amy and I went into Windsor, a town about 15 minutes away from Uxbridge, for dinner and drinks. A very civilized day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment