My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Caught out in the rain

The English summertime is challenging. You have to be prepared for all weather conditions, at all times. One second it's clear blue skies and a cool 70 F, then the next moment, it's pouring down with rain and the temp has dropped to 50 F. Most Londoners are familiar with this truth, and they venture out fully equipped for all scenarios. I was one of those Londoners until recently. Rule #1: I never left home without my umbrella, Rule #2: 8 times out of 10 I had my rain jacket with me, and I'm sure there should be more rules, but that's all I got right now....
Anyway, on this particular gorgeous Monday, I decided to stroll Cameron to the Dr. office opposed to driving. Hey, this way, I get exercise, and the hospital is only a 15-20 min walk from my house, so nothing too outrageous. All is well until, what do you know, heavy down pour of rain. I had made it out of the house with a lot.... Cameron's diapers, wipes, change of clothes, hat, jacket, his medical book, a rain cover for the stroller... you see where I'm going with this... how could I have possibly forgotten anything??? Well, it wasn't the lack of umbrella or jacket that really bothered me..... It was absolutely pouring down, and so I thought, I'll get home much quicker if I jog. HA... jogging in a nursing bra should be illegal. I don't know if everyone is familiar with the makeup of the typical nursing bra. Well, it's all business, nothing fancy. Literally, a cloth over the necessities that snaps in and out of place, and that's it... No underwire, no padding, no dignity. And to think, running in one of these creations....not to mention the pain I was in, but I'm sure I scarred many people in route home.
Moral of this story: Never get stuck out in the rain in a nursing bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment