My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

My life in the Burbs... Domesticity at its finest :)

Monday, October 11, 2010

Wonderful, Spontaneous Weekend





Saturday, October 9th:

I met a friend, Mary Ann, up town for lunch and a visit to Tate Modern. I am quite ashamed of myself,... this was the first time I had been to a museum since I moved here in June. Wow... shameful. Tate Modern is AMAZING... LOVE it!!!! So inspiring... I got so many ideas for sculptures/paintings while I was there.

Sunday, October 10th:

Feeling really good today,.. woke up, a bit of yoga, and a lovely walk. They say today was the official last day of summer... it was glorious! About 75F, and not a cloud in the sky. Neil went to football, and when he got home we jumped in the van and headed up town. Neither of us had ever been in St. Paul's Cathedral, and WOW, it is impressive. As soon as I walk in I started to tear up. The architecture is beautiful. The church is over 300 years old. We lucked out as they were having an afternoon service. We stayed at listened for a bit, and then it was back outside to soak up the last remaining hours of sun and warmth before winter sets in...

It was a day of firsts... first time in St. Paul's, first time walking across the Millenium Bridge, first time to see the lake and Princess Diana memorial in Hyde Park.

It was just one of those perfect days and it makes you wonder what other wonderful, untapped treasures there are in the city to be discovered!

No comments:

Post a Comment